Email is one of the oldest forms of digital communication—but it’s also one of the most effective digital marketing strategies out there.
What is Email Marketing?
Email Marketing is a powerful channel, a form of direct marketing that uses email to promote your business’s products or services. It can help make your customers aware of your latest items or offers by integrating those items into your marketing automation efforts. It can also play a pivotal role in your marketing strategy with lead generation, brand awareness, building relationships, or keeping customers engaged between purchases through different types of marketing emails.
Why is It Essential?
Apart from being the primary communication source, email marketing has some other benefits:
- It offers a high Return on Investment (ROI). Based on the Neilson study, email marketing has the highest ROI of 675% when compared with any of the other major marketing methods. An email marketing campaign can greatly increase sales and profits when integrated with a business’s website.
- More effective in acquiring new customers than social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter
- We can seamlessly integrate it with other communication channels. Use your chance to enlarge your audience, blending emails with your profiles on social media platforms, SMS, or web push notifications.
- It improves your website’s search engine optimization (SEO) by driving traffic to your website through content sharing and backlinking.
When to Use It?
There are many ways to use email marketing — some of the most common including using the tactic to
- Build relationships: Build connections through personalized engagement.
- Boost brand awareness: Keep your company and your services top-of-mind for the moment when your prospects are ready to engage.
- Promote your content: Use email to share relevant blog content or useful assets with your prospects.
- Generate leads: Entice subscribers to provide their personal information in exchange for an asset that they’d find valuable.
- Market your products: Promote your products and services.
- Nurture leads: Delight your customers with content that can help them succeed in their goals.
Types of Email Marketing
There are several types of email marketing, each with its own purpose and target audience. Some of the most common types include
- Newsletters: Newsletters are typically sent on a regular schedule, such as weekly or monthly, and include information about a company’s products or services, and industry news. We prefer to use newsletters to maintain a relationship with existing customers and to keep them informed about the company’s activities.
- Promotional Emails: These types of emails are used to promote a company’s products or services, often including special offers or discounts. We prefer this strategy whenever we want to target lists of potential customers and drive sales or generate leads.
- Transactional Emails: These are automated emails that are triggered by a specific action, such as a purchase or registration. They can include confirmations, receipts, and other types of information that are relevant to a specific transaction.
- Relationship Emails: This type of email marketing is used to build and maintain a relationship with a customer. It can include “Welcome” emails for new subscribers, “Birthday” emails, and other types of messages to foster a sense of engagement with a company.
Each type of email marketing has its own specific goals and strategies. But, they all have the goal to target the right audience with the right message at the right time.
Ready to Start Yours?
If you’re ready to start the benefits of an email marketing campaign, CVI can help.
Let us help you create a personalized plan that aligns with your unique goals and audience. Our team will work with you to develop compelling, engaging content that drives results.
Contact us today for more information!
Source: Mailchimps, Sendpulse, Hubspot